Employment Opportunity with Nessa Home Care
Position: Home Caregiver (Part Time/Full Time)
No experience necessary, will train.
Starting payrate is $15.00 with opportunity for advancement and higher pay.
These positions will be servicing Redding, Anderson, Palo Cedro and the greater Shasta County and Tehama County and the surrounding area.
Nessa Home Care, LLC (NHC) is a homecare referral and placement agency. Our in-home care services use qualified and screened caregivers to help with our clients’ activities of daily living including but not limited to respite care, companionship, personal care, transportation, bathing assistance, and much more, all at the convenience of our clients’ own home.
Our caregivers provide elder/senior care and caters to other challenging conditions of our clients such as dementia care (including Alzheimer’s), Parkinson’s care, hospice care, and rehabilitation care.
How you will make a difference:
- Provide assistance in client’s homes with activities of daily living, household cleaning and the maintenance of a safe home environment. Provide assistance with routine household chores and ensure balanced meals are prepared at or delivered to the home.
How you will spend your time:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) (i.e., grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, oral care, nail care, dressing, etc.), as indicated by the treatment plan.
- Assist with homemaker services/routine household chores (i.e., dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, washing dishes, ironing, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, providing laundry service, changing bed linen, etc.), as indicated.
- Plan, prepare, deliver meals, grocery shopping.
- Complete errands (i.e., getting a prescription filled, etc.).
- Provide companionship to clients.
- Follow assignment sheet for tasks.
- Ambulate and transfer clients, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
- Provide reminders to take medication and loosen the cap (hand-over-hand assistance with medication administration).
- Complete proper documentation (date and place service provided, times service provided, actual service provided, etc.).
- Observe clients carefully and report changes in condition.
- Recognize client’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of care giving environment.
- Assist with the maintenance of a safe environment.
- Provide respite care, on a short-term basis, when there is an absence of, or need for, relief for the caregiver.
- Attend trainings/in-services as required.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
- Valid State Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED, preferred but not required.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Have access to a computer
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit your job application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your contact information or attach your resume on the form below.